The 2014 International Book Fair in Guadalajara, Mexico, is Underway
The annual International Book Fair of Guadalajara (La Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadalajara), Mexico, is currently in full swing. Started by the University of Guadalajara some 28 years ago, it has been billed as the most important gathering of writing professionals in all of Ibero-America. While the fair is put on for those professionals from all over the world to conduct business and hold academic conferences, the event is also a cultural one and the public is invited to attend on specific days and times (see below). Activities open to the public during the festival’s nine days include hearing your favorite authors speak, attending free musical performances, and film viewings, among other things.
This year, Argentina is the guest country of honor, which means that certain elements of the fair such as the art (performance and otherwise), will have at least something to do with that country. Last year, Israel was the guest country of honor and Infected Mushroom was the musical headliner, for instance.
The public is invited to attend the fair at the Centro de Exposiciones, Expo Guadalajara, on the following days and times:
- November 29th-30th: 9am-9pm
- December 1st-3rd: 5pm-9pm
- December 4th-7th: 9am-9pm
Check out the activities program in English here, or click here to search the entire activities program in English by keyword, category, or date. This weekend is the last one. Don’t miss it!
- Worldwide Expat Organization InterNations in Guadalajara, Mexico No Comments | Jun 3, 2015
- Free Tours on Tap in Guadalajara, Mexico No Comments | Mar 25, 2015
- Tlaquepaque Is the Place to Be for Día De Muertos No Comments | Oct 30, 2015
- Ecomercado at Plaza las Ramblas in Guadalajara, Mexico, October 12th, 2014 No Comments | Oct 9, 2014